Culinary Artistas hosts cooking camps for kids ages 4-14 all year long!
Holiday & School Closure Camps
Our cooking camps create lasting memories centered around exploration, science, health and nutrition. Thank you for entrusting your children to us!
The main activities are our cooking and tasting projects: kids make lunch, morning and afternoon snacks and we all eat together. We bring fun engagement and exploration to the table, so even the pickiest eaters can find something to have fun with. Between cooking we have time for drawing, reading, and games. Weather permitting we go outside to play at nearby parks and the beach at Aquatic Park.
REGISTER FOR CAMP HERE
Located in Ghirardelli Square
Camp will be held in our Ghirardelli Square location at 851 Beach Street in San Francisco. We host up to 23 campers and 4 staff members.
Pick up and drop off notes will be sent out prior to each week's camp. We will not offer aftercare.
Request a Camp
If you would like us to create a special day-long/week-long camp during a school closure or holiday, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- School name
- Dates requested
- Estimted group size (we need a minimum of 10 students to create a custom camp)
Camp Refund Policy
- Full Credits to care.com for cancellations 14+ days prior to camp start date (minus $50 processing fee); credits expire after 2 years.
- 50% Credit to care.com for cancellations 4-13 days prior to camp start date; credits expire after 2 years
- No credit/refund for cancellations 3 or less days prior to camp start date
- If we are not allowed to run camp due to COVID, full cash refunds will be allocated closer to the start date of camp
Join us for a day of cooking, playing, crafting, and tasting! Kid-chefs will get to craft their own breakfast, lunch, and sweet snack throughout the day, spend time in our parklet outdoors, create fun food-inspired art, and much more!
Below is an overview of what each day of camp will look like. Our team of educators have worked hard over the years to perfect the balance of structure and surprise to allow kids to be comfortable, yet always engaged and learning.
- 9:00am - COVID-Safe Drop-Off
- 9:00-9:30 am - Arrivals & Centers I
- 9:30-10:00 am - Morning Circle & Stretching
- 10:00-11:00 am - Cooking Activity 1 & Snack
- 11:30-12:00 pm - Story time & Art Project
- 12:00-1:00 pm - Cooking Activity II
- 1:00-1:30 pm - Lunch & Quiet Time I
- 1:30-2:30 pm - Outdoor Play
- 2:30-2:45 pm - Quiet Time II
- 2:45 - 3:00 pm - Closing Circle & COVID-Safe Pick-Up
WHAT TO PACK
- Mask (required at all times)
- Change of clothes in plastic bag (labeled)
- Water bottle (labeled)
- To-go container for leftovers (labeled)
- Layers/sunhats for outside play
- 1-2 personal toys & books that the child can easily carry (labeled)
- Please put sunscreen on your child BEFORE camp!
OUR HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
- Requiring all staff test negative for COVID-19 several days prior to working camp & are vaccinnated
- Requiring that masks be worn by all kids and adults at all times, except while actively eating or drinking
- Practicing a COVID-safe pickup and dropoff process, including masks, temperature check, visual health screening & signed waiver to ensure kids are safe and healthy before coming into camp
- Ensuring thorough and diligent hand-washing by kids before cooking or eating; applying hand sanitizer after each hand washing; ensuring re-washing & re-sanitizing when sneezing, coughing or touching face.
- Establishing an "isolation zone" for kids that begin exhibiting symptoms of COVID during camp
- Requiring our staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
- Doing our best to maintain 6 feet of distance between children by assigning work and play stations
- Sanitizing counters/tables, tools, door knobs after each day of camp
- Thoroughly washing and sanitizing all flatware, stemware, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Cooking individual-serving recipes with the kids
- Eliminating shared hand towels
- Encouraging kids to bring labeled, personal toys to play with individually
- Offering credits for all classes rescheduled due to health measures
Looking for more?
Classes & Field Trips