2021 Summer Camps
In line with the the SF Department of Public Health, we are willing, able, and excited to run summer camp this 2021!
General Registration IS LIVE - Register Below
- Session I: June 7 - 25 (Ages 4-10)
- Session II: June 28 - July 16 (Ages 4-10)
- Session III: July 19 - Aug 6 (Ages 4-10)
- Session IV: Aug 9 - 27 (Ages 4-10)
TWO LOCATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
We're happy to announce that we are now able to increase the capactiy of our camps while following the CDC guidelines, by offering a second space to operate camp from. One camp space will be in our Ghirardeleli Square Studio, and the second location is TBD. Each space will accommodate up to 12 kiddos. Pick up and drop off notes will be sent out prior to each week's camp so we ensure utmost safety and minimize confusion about which space your child will be in.
There will be two staff members assigned to each classroom and neither group will come into contact with one another. In order to ensure "stable" groups within our 3-wk session, we can NOT allow single-day sign ups. Additionally, we will not offer aftercare.
CAMP OVERVIEW: The Ultimate Culinary Adventure
Kids get to experience three fun-filled weeks of camp, each week varying greatly in menu and activities.
- Week 1: Edible Art and 'Colors of the Rainbow' Menu
In our first week, we will be cooking and crafting every day from our 'Colors of the Rainbow' menu. Afternoons will be filled with art projects relating to food, allowing kids to ease back into socializing. We will explore the power of our two hands with delicious, handmade recipes, from curry, to handpies, and much more, and kids will get to craft masterpieces using lots of fun mediums.
- Week 2: Edible Adventure and 'Global Goodies' Menu
In our wildly adventurous week, we will embark on outdoor (and COVID-safe) fieldtrips of Ghirardelli Square, the pier, and nearby food gardens, all while exploring new cultures through delicious cooking! Designed to be a week of exploration, kids will get to craft and engage with foods from all over the globe! Social distancing and safety will definitely be encouraged outside.
- Week 3: STEAM in the Kitchen and 'Baking Bliss' Menu
In our final week of camp, kids will learn the science of baking, create food-science experiments all on their own, and even have a costume party on the last day of camp! All things baked will make a tasty appearance in our menu, and we will celebrate all the little chefs have achieved. A video montage will be crafted to allow parents a glimpse of their little chefs' work at home.
Below is an overview of what each day of camp will look like. Our team of educators have worked hard over the years to perfect the balance of structure and surprise to allow kids to be comfortable, yet always engaged and learning.
- 9:00am - COVID-Safe Drop-Off (watch video below!)
- 9:00-9:30 am - Arrivals & Centers I
- 9:30-10:00 am - Morning Circle & Stretching
- 10:00-11:00 am - Cooking Activity 1 & Snack
- 11:30-12:00 pm - Story time & Art Project
- 12:00-1:00 pm - Cooking Activity II
- 1:00-1:30 pm - Lunch & Quiet Time I
- 1:30-2:30 pm - Outdoor Play
- 2:30-2:45 pm - Quiet Time II
- 2:45 - 3:00 pm - Closing Circle & COVID-Safe Pick-Up
WHAT TO PACK
- Mask for outside play (required for kids 10 and up); we are happy to enforce mask-wearing for individuals under 10 at parent's request
- Change of clothes in plastic bag (labeled)
- Water bottle (labeled)
- To-go container for leftovers (labeled)
- Layers/sunhats for outside play
- 1-2 personal toys & books that the child can easily carry (labeled)
- Please put sunscreen on your child BEFORE camp!
OUR PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MEASURES
Based on the CDC guidelines & recommendations.
Please watch our COVID-safe dropoff video below with your child ...
- Requiring all staff test negative for COVID-19 several days prior to working camp.
- Practicing a COVID-safe pickup and dropoff process, including a temperature check, visual health screening & signed waiver to ensure kids are safe and healthy before coming into camp
- Ensuring thorough and diligent hand-washing by kids before cooking or eating; applying hand sanitizer after each hand washing; ensuring re-washing & re-sanitizing when sneezing, coughing or touching face.
- Establishing an "isolation zone" for kids that begin exhibiting symptoms of COVID during camp
- Requiring our staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
- Requiring adults to wear face masks at drop-off and pick-up and enforcing mask-wearing for children at parent's request.
- Doing our best to maintain 6 feet of distance between children by assigning work and play stations
- Sanitizing counters/tables, tools, door knobs after each day of camp
- Thoroughly washing and sanitizing all flatware, stemware, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Cooking individual-serving recipes with the kids
- Eliminating shared hand towels
- Encouraging kids to bring labeled, personal toys to play with individually
- Offering credits for all classes rescheduled due to health measures
OUR CANCELLATION & CREDIT POLICY
- Full Credits to care.com for cancellations 14+ days prior to camp start date (minus $50 processing fee)
- 50% Credit to care.com for cancellations 4-13 days prior to camp start date
- No credit/refund for cancellations 3 or less days prior to camp start date
- If we are not allowed to run camp due to COVID, full cash refunds will be allocated closer to the start date of camp
- Early Bird Registration: Feb 15 (Culinary Artistas alumni only)
- General Registration: Feb 22
- Camp Registration Deadlines:
- Session I: May 31
- Session II: June 21
- Session III: July 12
- Session IV: August 2
- Cancellation Deadline: 14 days prior to the first day of camp for full care.com credit
Looking for more?
Virtual Classes & Camps
Classes & Field Trips