Located in Ghirardelli Square
Camp will be held in our Ghirardelli Square location at 851 Beach Street in San Francisco. Each week we host 25 campers and 4 staff, following the CDC guidelines.
Pick up and drop off notes will be sent out prior to each week's camp.
CAMP OVERVIEW: The Ultimate Culinary Adventure
*New recipes and projects for 2022!* Choose from three fun-filled themes, each one varying greatly in menu and activities.
- Edible Art and 'Colors of the Rainbow' Menu
Mornings will be filled with cooking multiple dishes from our color-of-the-day. Afternoons will be spent on special art projects relating to food and outdoor play. We will even embark on a mid-week food-inspired field trip! We will explore the power of our two hands with delicious, colorful recipes, inspired by summer produce. Kids will get to craft masterpieces using lots of fun mediums. A Rainbow Costume Party will conclude the last day of camp, when campers will also craft a special treat to bring home.
- Edible Adventure and 'Global Goodies' Menu
Did you know food could transport you to far away places? Journey to new parts of the world, broaden your palate, and discover new dishes from countries across the globe! Learn to cook special delicacies from France, Morocco, Vietnam, Brazil and beyond, and see how so many of our ingredients are universally used and enjoyed. Art projects, outdoor play, and lots of tasty eating and exploration will fill the day. We will even embark on a mid-week food-inspired field trip! A masquerade party will conclude the last day of camp.
- STEAM in the Kitchen and 'Baking Bliss' Menu
In our baking week of camp, we will encourage playing (and learning) with your food! Kids will learn the science of dough making and baking, craft nourishing baked goods, and create food-science experiments all on their own. All things baked (or blown up by baking soda) will make a tasty appearance in our menu. A Costume party will conclude the last day of camp, when campers will also craft a special treat to bring home.
Below is an overview of what each day of camp will look like. Our team of educators have worked hard over the years to perfect the balance of structure and surprise to allow kids to be comfortable, yet always engaged and learning.
- 9:00am - COVID-Safe Drop-Off (watch video below!)
- 9:00-9:30 am - Arrivals & Centers I
- 9:30-10:00 am - Morning Circle & Stretching
- 10:00-11:00 am - Cooking Activity 1 & Snack
- 11:30-12:00 pm - Story time & Art Project
- 12:00-1:00 pm - Cooking Activity II
- 1:00-1:30 pm - Lunch & Quiet Time I
- 1:30-2:30 pm - Outdoor Play
- 2:30-2:45 pm - Quiet Time II
- 2:45 - 3:00 pm - Closing Circle & COVID-Safe Pick-Up
WHAT TO PACK
- Mask (required at all times)
- Change of clothes in plastic bag (labeled)
- Water bottle (labeled)
- To-go container for leftovers (labeled)
- Layers/sunhats for outside play
- 1-2 personal toys & books that the child can easily carry (labeled)
- Please put sunscreen on your child BEFORE camp!
OUR PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MEASURES
Based on the CDC guidelines & recommendations.
- All staff will be required to be fully vaccinated (and have their booster) in order to serve children at camp.
- Requiring that masks be worn by all kids and adults at all times, except while actively eating or drinking. Eating outdoors, if and when possible.
- Practicing a COVID-safe pickup and dropoff process, including contactless dropoff/pickup; masks, temperature check, visual health screening & signed waiver to ensure kids are safe and healthy before coming into camp.
- Ensuring thorough and diligent hand-washing by kids before cooking or eating; applying hand sanitizer after each hand washing; ensuring re-washing & re-sanitizing when sneezing, coughing or touching face.
- Establishing an "isolation zone" for kids that begin exhibiting symptoms of COVID during camp
- Requiring our staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
- Doing our best to maintain 3 feet of distance between children by assigning work and play stations
- Sanitizing counters/tables, tools, door knobs after each day of camp
- Thoroughly washing and sanitizing all flatware, stemware, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Cooking individual-serving recipes with the kids
- Eliminating shared hand towels
- Encouraging kids to bring labeled, personal toys to play with individually
- Offering credits for all classes rescheduled due to health measures
OUR CANCELLATION & CREDIT POLICY*
- Full Credits to care.com for cancellations 14+ days prior to camp start date (minus $50 processing fee). Credits expire after 2 years.
- 50% Credit to care.com for cancellations 4-13 days prior to camp start date. Credits expire after 2 years.
- No credit/refund for cancellations 3 or less days prior to camp start date.
- If we are not allowed to run camp due to COVID, full cash refunds will be allocated closer to the start date of camp.
- *This cancellation policy is applicable to all COVID and non-COVID related situations.
- Camp Registration Deadline: Camp registration will close either three days prior to that camp commencing OR when it sells out!
- Cancellation Deadline: 14 days prior to the first day of camp for full care.com credit
Looking for more?
Virtual Classes & Camps
Classes & Field Trips