2020 Summer Camps - COVID19 Conditions
SUMMER CAMP @ Ghirardelli Square - REGISTER NOW!
Welcome to the Summer of 2020, a year to remember! In line with the latest update from the SF Department of Public Health, we are willing, able, and excited to run summer camp! While camp is opened to all, we will give priority to families of essential workers. Please let us know if you fall into this category.
3-Week Sessions - General Registration is LIVE
In accordance with all summer camps across San Francisco, we will be offering camps in the following 3-week sessions from 9am - 3pm each day. Please note, that children "may only enroll in one camp at a time. If the child or youth leaves a camp early, they may not attend another camp until 3 weeks after the first camp started" and "children and youth must attend the first week of the session."
Great news! We're offering a 15% discount off our traditional weekly price of $625. Our 3-wk sessions will cost $1,595.
Session B (ages 4-10): July 6 - July 24 - sold out! Session C (ages 4-10): July 27 - August 14 - sold out!
- Session D (*special 2wk for ages 3-6; $1100): August 17 - August 28 - sold out!
- Check out our virtual camps!
TWO LOCATIONS IN GHIRARDELLI SQUARE
We're happy to announce that we are now able to increase the capactiy of our camps while following the CDC guidelines, by offering a second space to operate camp from, right here in Ghirardelli Square! Each space will accommodate up to 12 kiddos. Pick up and drop off notes will be sent out prior to each week's camp so we ensure utmost safety and minimize confusion about which space your child will be in.
There will be two staff members assigned to each classroom and neither group will come into contact with one another. In order to ensure "stable" groups within our 3-wk session, we will not allow single-day sign ups. Additionally, we will not offer aftercare.
CAMP OVERVIEW: The Ultimate Culinary Adventure
With our new format, kids get to experience three fun-filled weeks of camp, each week varying greatly in menu and activities.
- Week 1: Edible Artistry and 'Playing with Dough' Menu
In our first week, we will be cooking from our 'Playing with Dough' menu to explore the power of our own two hands with delicious, handmade recipes, from noodles to handpies, and much more! Afternoons will be filled with art projects relating to food, allowing kids to ease back into socializing.
- Week 2: Edible Adventure and 'Passport Around the World' Menu
In our wildly adventurous week, we will embark on outdoor (and COVID-safe) fieldtrips of Ghirardelli Square, the pier, and nearby food gardens, all while exploring new cultures through delicious cooking! Designed to be a week of exploration, kids will get to craft and engage with foods from all over the globe! Social distancing and safety will definitely be encouraged outside.
- Week 3: STEAM in the Kitchen and 'Baking Bliss' Menu
In our final week of camp, kids will learn the science of baking, create food-science experiments all on their own, and even have a costume party on the last day of camp! All things baked will make a tasty apperance in our menu, and we will celebrate all the little chefs have achieved. A video montage will be crafted to allow parents a glimpse of their little chefs' work at home.
Below is an overview of what each day of camp will look like. Our team of educators have worked hard over the years to perfect the balance of structure and surprise to allow kids to be comfortable, yet always engaged and learning.
- 9:00am - COVID-Safe Drop-Off (watch video below!)
- 9:00-9:30 am - Arrivals & Centers I
- 9:30-10:00 am - Morning Circle & Stretching
- 10:00-11:00 am - Cooking Activity 1 & Snack
- 11:30-12:00 pm - Story time & Art Project
- 12:00-1:00 pm - Cooking Activity II
- 1:00-1:30 pm - Lunch & Quiet Time I
- 1:30-2:30 pm - Outdoor Play
- 2:30-2:45 pm - Quiet Time II
- 2:45 - 3:00 pm - Closing Circle & COVID-Safe Pick-Up
WHAT TO PACK
- Mask for outside play (optional, but encouraged); we are also happy to enforce mask-wearing throughout camp at parent's request
- Change of clothes in plastic bag (labeled)
- Water bottle (labeled)
- To-go container for leftovers (labeled)
- Layers/sunhats for outside play
- 1-2 personal toys & books that the child can easily carry (labeled)
- Please put sunscreen on your child BEFORE camp!
OUR PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MEASURES
Based on the CDC guidelines & recommendations.
Please watch our COVID-safe dropoff video below with your child ...
- Requiring all staff test negative for COVID-19 several days prior to working camp.
- Practicing a COVID-safe pickup and dropoff process, including a temperature check, visual health screening & signed waiver to ensure kids are safe and healthy before coming into camp
- Ensuring thorough and diligent hand-washing by kids before cooking or eating; applying hand sanitizer after each hand washing; ensuring re-washing & re-sanitizing when sneezing, coughing or touching face.
- Establishing an "isolation zone" for kids that begin exhibiting symptoms of COVID during camp
- Requiring our staff to stay home if they are not feeling well
- Requiring adults to wear face masks at drop-off and pick-up and enforcing mask-wearing for children at parent's request.
- Doing our best to maintain 6 feet of distance between children by assigning work and play stations
- Sanitizing counters/tables, tools, door knobs after each day of camp
- Thoroughly washing and sanitizing all flatware, stemware, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Cooking individual-serving recipes with the kids
- Eliminating shared hand towels
- Encouraging kids to bring labeled, personal toys to play with individually
- Offering credits for all classes rescheduled due to health measures
TINKER (Mission) CAMP FOR TWEENS & Teens
We are unfortunately not offering Tinker Camp this summer. Please refer to our virtual or Ghirardelli camp offerings!
VIRTUAL SUMMER OFFERINGS:
Sign up below on our new Outschool platform:
- Asian Food Camp: Tues 8/11 & Thurs 8/13 (10am-12pm)
- NEW! Lunch Hour Class - Healthy Comfort Cuisine: Mon 8/17, Wed 8/29 & Fri 8/21 (12:30-1:30pm)
- NEW! Doughs Around the World Week Camp: Mon 8/17 - Fri 8/21 (2-4pm)
OUR CANCELLATION & CREDIT POLICY
In the event that you need to cancel your camp registration, we are happy to offer full credit (minus a $40 processing fee) to use with us in the future. Camp cancellations must be submitted 14 days prior to the first day of camp. We will not be offering refunds for any camp registrations made after 5/28/2020.
For Families registered before 5/28/2020 - good news!
You currently have a credit waiting for you in Care.com! You can use your credit on a camp or class with us, including our newest 3-wk camp sessions.
However, in the chance that your plans have changed, we've expanding our policy to also offer the option of a 65% cash refund that can be redeemed up until the last day of camp. Please complete this form for a refund.
- General Registration is open!
- Camp Registration Deadlines:
Session A: June 8 Session B: June 29 Session C: July 20 Session D: August 10
- Cancellation Deadline: 14 days prior to the first day of camp
- Deadline to Redeem Cash Refund (*for families registered before 5/28 only): last day of summer camp
Looking for more?
Virtual Classes & Camps
Classes & Field Trips